Welcome to Kenyatta University School of Nursing Sciences
In line with the university vision, mission and philosophy, one of the objectives of Kenyatta University is to promote the development and expansion of higher education opportunities through initiation of new programs and alternative modes of delivery using among others - modern technologies. We in the school of Nursing sciences seek to train, mentor and produce competent, dynamic and passionate health care professionals who can deliver high quality health care globally. We are delighted to welcome you to School of Nursing Sciences at Kenyatta University. Whether you are beginning or continuing your educational journey with us, we look forward to learning, exploring and growing together. School of Nursing Sciences is part of a strong community that values academic excellence, diversity and inclusion. We are passionate about your success in all your good life endeavors and successes.
The school has initiated and participated in several research projects that have had a great impact on the community. The school has also organized many community events and activities that help promote health and prevent diseases. These programs are supervised and delivered by professionals from Kenya and around the world. The school is proud of its staff from the faculty, technical and administrative cadres who have contributed and still are in achieving its vision and mission and translating its plans and strategic goals into reality. The school is proud that a number of its members, including lecturers and students, have won awards in recognition for their creativity and research production.
To train highly skilled and competent resourceful nurse practitioners with acumen in health care provision in diverse settings.
To be a center of excellence in training professional Nurses, Nursing Researchers and Community service providers.
- To train nurses with a solid scientific knowledge – base, participatory approaches, ethical and professional attributes requisite in the provision of quality nursing Services in diverse settings.
- To inculcate in the students, skills and positive attitudes in creativity, communication resourcefulness, independent and critical thinking in order to enhance delivery of quality and effective nursing services in diverse settings.
- To train nurses who will offer leadership in research, training, health care planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and policy development for sustainable quality care provision and improvement.
- Respect for human rights.
- Fairness and equity in the service to clients.
- Collaboration with other sectors, professionals and organizations that contribute to nursing education and health service delivery.
- Professionalism – provide services in a timely and effective manner.
- Integrity – can be relied upon by clients and members of the public.
- Teamwork – support each other in the achievements of goals and objectives.
- Innovation – continuously evaluate our services, processes and systems in line with knowledge, technology and changing client’s needs.
- Client driven – recognize that the client is the reason for our existence.
- Result driven – will strive to achieve set goals and objectives and thrive on challenges and completion.
- Medical Surgical Nursing and pre – clinical services.
- Community and Reproductive Health Nursing.
- Pre – clinical Services.
- Midwifery and Obstetrics.
LINKAGES AND COLLABORATIONS:
The department collaborates with other institutions e.g.
- Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Ministry of Health
- Other Government Institutions.
- Private Mission Hospitals
- Aga Khan University
- County Government
Our graduates are highly marketable. Locally the job outlets include:-
Public and Private Universities, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Local government, Private and Mission Hospitals, Non – governmental Organizations dealing with health related issues, Medical Training Colleges, Government, Private and Mission as well as in the international Market.