Title/Qualification: PhD, RN
Department: Community & Reproductive Health Nursing
Designation/Position: Lecturer & Chairperson
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844-00100 Nairobi Kenya
>>>See full CV
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-8891-3255
Area of Specialization:
-Pain management and cancer symptom science
-Qualitative and mixed methods research
- Onsongo, L. N. (2020). Barriers to Cancer Pain Management Among Nurses in Kenya: A Focused Ethnography. Pain Management Nursing, 21(3), 283-289.
- Onsongo, L. (2020). Cancer-Related Pain Assessment Practices among Nurses: A Focused Ethnography in a county Referral Hospital in Kenya. Kenyan Journal of Nursing & Midwifery, 5(2), 70-81.
- Kirui, K. M., & Lister, O. N. (2021). Lived Experiences of Mothers Following a Perinatal Loss. Midwifery, 99, 103007.
Books and Books Chapters
- Reimer,T.T., Daack-Hirsch,S. & Onsongo,L., Ethnography: Encyclopedia of Nursing Research, 4th edition (2018) by Joyce Fitzpatrick
- Onsongo, L. (2015, April). 22nd National Evidence-Based Practice Conference in Coralville, Iowa “Nurses’ Cognitive Work Associated with Evidence-Based Pain Management”.
- Onsongo, L. (2020, November).Virtual Kenya International Cancer Conference “Facilitators to Cancer Pain Management Among Nurses in Kenya: A Focused Ethnography
Digital Innovation & Maternal Healthcare for Migrant Mothers Network-February 2021