Dr. Priscilla Kabue
|Title –Senior Lecturer
School of Nursing Sciences
Areas of specialization – Nursing and Public Health
GPO 00100-43844, Nairobi Kenya
Download Full CV
Areas of specialization – Nursing and Public Health
Research Interest – Reproductive health, Disease control and Health Promotion.
- 2014: PhD Epidemiology and Disease Control - Kenyatta University
- 2001: MSC Public Health and Epidemiology -Kenyatta University
- Training of Trainers on Reversible Long Acting Family planning Methods (LARCs) Contraceptives including Implanon NXT May 2015 – Funzo Kenya
- Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI) -Nursing Council May 2014
- Teaching Methodology - Kenyatta University November 2013
- Training in Innovation Teaching Methodologies (September 2011 University Of Nairobi)
- Integrating Palliative Care In The Curriculum Of Health Professionals In Institutions Of Higher Learning In Kenya Trainer Of Trainers (Tot) Training In Palliative Care, - KEHPCA July 2010
- Integrating Gender and Gender Violence in the Pre-service health professional -Kenyatta University July 2010
- Mentors capacity building Seminar - Kenyatta university march 2009.
- Contemporary issues in Family Planning –ECSA Dar es Salaam, Tanzania April 2008.
- General meeting for African Midwives Research Network (AMRN) – October 2007 (Among others)
Presentation of Scientific academic papers In Seminars/Conferences
- Utilization of hospital Delivery among Post-natal mothers in Urban and Rural Hospitals in Kenya – International Reproductive Health Conference on Obstetric Fistula held in Kenyatta University May 2017
- Determinants of utilization of hospital delivery among postnatal mothers in Thika and Kangundo hospitals –conference Kenyatta university November 2014
- Maternal Awareness of Reproductive Health and its impact on adolescent pregnancy - Nairobi Scientific Conferences in Kenyatta University -2000 and 2001
- Kabue P. Keraka M, Simbauni J (2017) Utilization of hospital services during delivery among post-natal mothers in Thika urban and Kangundo rural Counties, Kenya. The East and Central Africa Medical Journal Vol.3 Number1 2017 ISSN:2078-5909
- Priscilla Kabue (2017). Home deliveries in Rural and Urban Districts in Kenya. International Journal of Recent Research in Interdisciplinary Sciences (IJRRIS) Vol. 4, Issue 1, pp. (1-6), Month: January - March 2017, ISSN 2350-1049.
- L.N. Namusonge, P.N. Kabue, R.R. Sharma (2016).Women’s persistent Utilization of unskilled birth attendants in Kakamega County, Kenya. East African Medical Journal Vol. 93 no.12 (2016), ISSN 0012-835X.
- F.N Machuki, P. Kabue, G.Munyoki (2016). Care of children with Cerebral Palsy among guardians attending Occupational Therapy Clinic at Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi City, and County Kenya East African Medical Journal Vol. 93 no.11 (2016), ISSN 0012-835X.
- Facilitating Course on Reversible Long Acting Family planning Methods (LARCs) Contraceptives including Implanon NXT August 2015 – Isiolo Funzo Kenya
- Facilitating course on Reversible Long Acting Family planning Methods (LARCs) Contraceptives including Implanon NXT July 2015 – Thika Funzo Kenya
- Nov 2015 to Date - Senior Lecturer, School of Nursing Sciences,
- February 2004 to 2015 - Lecturer, Department of Nursing Sciences Kenyatta University
- 1997 to January 2004 - Senior Lecturer, Kenya Medical Training College
- July 1987 to 1997 - Nursing Officer, Ministry Of Health
Area of Teaching
Community health, Reproductive Health, Management and Research Methods
Administrative Responsibility (At Ku)
- October 2016 to date Ag. Dean School of Nursing Sciences
- June 2015 to September 2016 Chairman Department of Nursing Sciences
- Member of Kenyatta University Hospital (KUH) Operationalization group leading Nursing Team.
- Examination Coordinator for 3 years 2009 to 2012
- Post Graduate Departmental Coordinator from 2005 to June 2015
- Staff /Student Mentor from 2007 to date
- Field Trip Co coordinator in the Department from 2012 to June 2015
- Departmental Timetabling -2007 to 2012
- Acting Chairman of Nursing sciences intermittently for 9 months
- Member of Health Unit Committee -2007
- Masters in Public Health and Epidemiology – Scholarship World Health Organization 2001
- Contemporary Issues in Family Planning – ECSA Dares Salaam sponsorship USAID 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy - Kenyatta university 2009-2014
- External examiner Jomo Kenyatta University School of Nursing
- External Examiner of Post Graduate Students Thesis -Mount Kenya University
- External supervisor for Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine
- Internal examiner of Post Graduate Students Thesis -Kenyatta University School of Public Health
- Completed – 3 Candidates
- Ongoing - 10 Candidates
- Ongoing - 2
Networking and Collaboration with External Organizations.
- Peer Review of abstracts on Patient Centred Care Seminar which took place in Kenyatta University from 29th September to 2nd October 2015.
- Student mentor from 2007 to date
- Health representative small Christian group Holy Family Catholic Church Utawala.
Development of Teaching/Academic Programmes in Department/School /University
- Staring Masters of Nursing program in Kenyatta University -2017
- Development of Masters of Nursing curriculum Kenyatta university 2014
- Review of Bachelors of Nursing and Public Health Curriculum –Kenyatta University 2011
- Development of Clinical Placement Log Book for Bachelor of Nursing and Public Health -Kenyatta University. 2010
- Development of Bachelors of Nursing Institutional Based Curriculum for Kenyatta University – 2008
- Assisted in Establishment of Skills Lab as recommended by the Regulatory Body 2006
- Development of Bachelors of Nursing Curriculum for Kenyatta University -2005
- Started Department of Nursing together with two other lecturers in Kenyatta University -2005
Developing External Programs
- Development of Family planning Module for Health workers –Family Health International Kenya -2006
- Development of Family planning Module for Community Based Distributor –Family Family Health International Kenya –2006
- Development of Curriculum For Nurses in Management of HIV/AIDS - MOH 2004
Leading research Programmes
- Principal investigator for Research project funded by Kenyatta University for the PhD 2012
- Principal investigator for Research project funded by World Health Organization for the MSc 2000
Contribution to University advancement
- Convener of Kenyatta University Technical Team on Nursing and Paramedical services 2016
- Member of the Vice Chancellors Committee on Establishment of Kenyatta Women Hospital
- Member of the Sub-Committees on Human Resource Management and Training and the Bio- Medical Plants and Installation
- Member of University Community Directed Intervention (CDI) Implementation Committee -2011
Member to Professional Bodies
- Registered by Nursing Council of Kenya as a Nurse, Midwife and Public health Practioner
- I am an active member of National Nurses Association of Kenya.