Loise Nyambura Ndirangu
Department: Medical Surgical Nursing and Clinical Sciences
I hope to continue working in a university setting to become an expert in research and clinical teaching. To continue pursuing scholarship and pursue a Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing. To generate and promote knowledge which will contribute to mitigation of suffering associated with chronic health issues in this country and beyond.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Diabetes: Strategies on reducing the prevalence of diabetes and preventing its complications. Chronic diseases: there impact on quality of life and preventive strategies. Research and capacity building in Global health.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- Patients’ knowledge on diabetes self-care and the clinical outcome at Kenyatta national hospital. International Journal of Social Science and Technology. Vol. 4 No. 3: June 2019.
- Exposure to counselling session among diabetic patients admitted at Kenyatta National Hospital. International journal of Professional Practice. Under Review
- MARCH 2020 – Teaching and Learning Enhancement Workshop at the Aga Khan University - TLEW
- MARCH 2019 – Sensitization on Marketing and Student recruitment at Kenya Methodist University
- NOVEMBER, 2018: University of Nairobi & Kenyatta National Hospital, International Conference on Health.
- NOVEMBER, 2011: Palliative Care at the National Hospice, Nairobi.
CERTIFICATION/ SHORT COURSES
- MARCH, 2016 – Emergency Triage Assessment and Treatment plus Admission Care for Sick Children – ETAT+
- APRIL, 2014: Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) at Kenya Red cross, Nairobi.
- SEPTEMBER, 2013: Basic Life Support (BLS) at Kenya Red cross, Nairobi.